Edweard Muybridge formally know as Edward James Muggeridge was a photographer that was behind the inspiration of motion picture through taking pictures with a fast shutter speed and taking one after the other which he would then show it on a projector as a motion picture. Most of Edweards Images are either black and white or sepia toned. Seeing as most of his work made was in the 1800's and beginning of the 1900's there wasn't coloured photographs about. Most of Edweards images you look from the left to the right as they are stop motion pictures you look at the different slightest movements in the pictures to see what is different for example this picture below of a horse jumping a hurdle. The most famous collection of his work was called 'animal locomotion'
I like this image of a horse jumping over a hurdle because you can see all the details in the horses body and the rider on top of him. I like the way its in a Sepia tone as I feel it is easier on the eye and your eyes seem to flow through the picture looking at each movement of the horses steps, I like the way he has captured all details and every single movement the horse had made from trotting to cantering and to finally jumping.

No comments:
Post a Comment